For full cv, see here.
- 2013: Australian Research Council Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA)
- 2013: Best Postdoctoral Oral Presentation Award, Bosch Institute Annual Scientific Meeting 2013
- 2010: School of Biomedical Sciences Travel Grant
- 2018: Monash University Machine Learning Symposium. Title: The visual cortex as a deep neural network
- 2017: Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute “Rising Stars” Seminar Series. Title: The physiological consequences of damages to the primate visual cortex in different development stages.
- 2017: Advances in Functional Studies of Marmoset Brain Mini-Symposium. Title: Where visual areas meet - The representation of the visual field in the dorsomedial cortex of the marmoset monkey.
- 2016: Anderson Stuart Seminar Series (Department of Physiology, The University of Sydney). Title: New insights into the controversial “third-tier” areas of the primate visual cortex.
Book chapters and reviews
- Yu Hh & Rosa MGP (2017) The dosomedial cortex. In Encyclopedia of Animal Cognition and Behavior (Eds. Vonk J & Shackelford, TK). Springer. [link]
- Chaplin TA, Rosa MGP, Yu H-H (2016) Scaling up the simian primate cortex: a conserved pattern of expansion across brain sizes. In Evolution of Nervous Systems, 2nd edition (Eds. Kaas, JH), Vol. 4, Academic Press. [link]
- Yu H-H, Chaplin TA, Rosa MGP (2014) Representation of central and peripheral vision in the primate cerebral cortex: Insights from studies of the marmoset brain. Neuroscience Research 93, 47-61. [link]
- Yu HH, Atapour N, Chaplin TA, Worthy KH, Rosa MGP (2018) Robust visual responses and normal retinotopy in primate lateral geniculate nucleus following long-term lesions of striate cortex. Journal of Neuroscience 38, 3955-3970. [link]
- Atapour N, Worthy KH, Lui LL, Yu H-H, Rosa MGP (2017) Neuronal degeneration in the dorsal lateral geniculate nucleus following lesions of primary visual cortex: comparison of young adult and geriatric marmoset monkeys. Brain Structure & Function 222, 3283–3293. [link]
- Knauer B, Majka P, Watkins KJ, Taylor AWR, Malamanova D, Paul B, Yu H-H, Bush AI, Hare DJ, Reser DH (2017) Whole-brain metallomic analysis of the common marmoset (Callithrix jacchus) Metallomics 9, 411-423. [link]
- Majka P, Chaplin TA, Yu H-H, Tolpygo A, Mitra PP, Wójcik DK, Rosa MGP (2016) Towards a comprehensive atlas of cortical connections in a primate brain: mapping tracer injection studies of the common marmoset into a reference digital template. Journal of Comparative Neurology 524, 2161-2181. [link]
- Zavitz E, Yu H-H, Rowe E, Rosa MGP, Price NSC (2016) Rapid adaptation induces persistent biases in population codes for visual Motion. Journal of Neuroscience 36, 4579-4590. [link]
- Davies AJ, Chaplin TA, Rosa MGP, Yu H-H (2016) Natural motion trajectory enhances the coding of speed in primate extrastriate cortex. Scientific Reports 6, e19739. [link]
- Burman KJ, Bakola S, Richardson KE, Yu H-H, Reser, DH, Rosa, MGP (2015) Cortical and thalamic projections to cytoarchitectural area 6Va and 8C of the marmoset monkey: connectionally distinct subdivisions of the lateral premotor cortex. Journal of Comparative Neurology 8, 1222-1247. [link]
- Yu H-H, Rosa MGP (2014) Uniformity and diversity of response properties of neurons in the primary visual cortex: selectivity for orientation, direction of motion and stimulus size from centre to far periphery. Visual Neuroscience 31, 85-98. [link]
- Yu H-H, Chaplin TA, Egan GW, Reser DH, Worthy KH, Rosa MGP (2013) Visually evoked responses in extrastriate area MT after lesions of striate cortex in early life. Journal of Neuroscience 33, 12479-12489. [link]
- Chaplin TA, Yu H-H, Soares JGM, Gattass R, Rosa MGP (2013) A conserved pattern of differential expansion of cortical areas in simian primates. Journal of Neuroscience 33, 15120-15125. [link]
- Chaplin TA, Yu H-H, Rosa MGP (2013) Representation of the visual field in the primary visual area of the marmoset monkey: magnification factors, point-image size, and proportionality to retinal ganglion cell density. Journal of Comparative Neurology 521, 1001-1019. Equal first authorship. [link]
- Reser DH, Burman J, Yu H-H, Chaplin TA, Richardson KE, Worthy KH, Rosa MGP (2013) Contrasting patterns of cortical input to architectural subdivisions of the area 8 complex: a retrograde tracing study in marmoset monkeys. Cerebral Cortex 23, 1901-1922. [link]
- Yu H-H, Chaplin TA, Davies AJ, Verma R, Rosa MGP (2012) A specialized area in limbic cortex for fast analysis of peripheral vision. Current Biology 22, 1351-1357. [link]
- Burman K, Reser R, Yu H-H, Rosa MGP (2011) Cortical input to the frontal pole of the marmoset monkey. Cerebral Cortex 21, 1712-1737. [link]
- Yu H-H, Rosa MGP (2010) A simple method for creating wide-field visual stimulus for electrophysiology: mapping and analyzing receptive fields using hemispheric display. Journal of Vision 10, 15. [link]
- Yu H-H, Verma R, Yang Y, Tibballs HA, Lui LL, Reser DH, Rosa MGP (2010) Spatial and temporal frequency in striate cortex: functional uniformity and specializations related to receptive field eccentricity. European Journal of Neuroscience 31, 1043-1062. [link]
- Rosa MGP, Palmer SM, Gamerini M, Burman KJ, Yu H-H, Reser DH, Bourne J, Tweedale R, Galletti C (2009) Connections of the dorsomedial visual area: pathways for early integration of dorsal and ventral streams in extrastriate cortex. Journal of Neuroscience 29, 4548-4563. [link]
- Marcello Rosa and Tristan Chaplin at Monash University on brain mapping and evolution.
- Leo Lui, James Bourne and Nafiseh Atapour at Monash University on brain plasticity
- Nicholas Price, Adam Morris, and Elizabeth Zavitz at Monash University on computational neuroscience and machine learing
- Mark McDonnell at the University of South Australia on machine learning
- Osamu Sadakane and Professor Tetsuo Yamamori at Riken Brain Science Institute on brain imaging.
- Amanda Davies (PhD awarded in 2017)
- Declan Rowley